St. Mary’s parish has made the protection of God’s children a priority and upholds the U.S. Bishops Charter for the Protection of Children. To review the Charter click here.
All volunteers are encouraged and all who work with children are required to participate in the Protecting God’s Children Program for Adults. The program is offered at St. Mary’s on a regular basis but sessions are also available at other locations. To see a list of available locations and dates click here and select Allentown, PA (Diocese) from the drop-down menu. All upcoming sessions will be listed. (All sessions are three hours in length.)
It is also required for volunteers working with children to:
- read the Diocesan Code of Conduct and
- sign the Diocesan Code of Conduct acknowledgment form
- read the Diocesan Sexual Abuse Policy
- sign the Sexual Abuse Policy acknowledgment form
- complete the Background Check & Fingerprint Authorization Form
- complete the on-line Mandatory Reporting Training When completed be sure to print out your certificate and give a copy to Sister Marie or Ann Pergosky.
- obtain a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check for volunteers free of charge through the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) website. The form generated is valid for 57 months. An original of the certificate must be presented to Sister Marie or Ann Pergosky and copied for acceptance to volunteer.
- obtain a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance free of charge. The form generated is valid for 57 months. An original of the certificate must be presented to Sister Marie or Ann Pergosky and copied for acceptance to volunteer.
- drivers who assist with the transportation of our youth or those who help with Project Hope for the St. Vincent DePaul Society need to complete the following:
- Log into : Allentown.CMGconnect.org
- Sign in to initiate an account
- Go to trainings: Watch the video on Defensive Driving.
- Print out certificate of completion.
You can read the documents on-line with Adobe Acrobat Reader, print and sign the acknowledgement forms and complete the Background Check and Fingerprinting authorization form. These can then be sent into the Parish Office. Or if you prefer, you can obtain a copy of the documents from the Parish Center Office.
Once a year the program for parents “Called to Protect” is offered.
Following Diocesan Guidelines the “Child Lures Program” is offered in all of our religious education programs.
National Registry of Sex Offenders: www.familywatchdog.us
Pennsylvania Registry of Sex Offenders: pameganslaw.state.pa.us
If you are suspicious or aware of any child who may be suffering physical, mental, or sexual abuse, call: CHILDLINE – 800-932-0313. If the report is made in good faith, there is no penalty or liability for reporting.
For Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator: 1-800-791-9209